5 Practical Tips to Sell Your Car Quickly
Posted On November 27th, 2018
If you are selling your car, you will appreciate the following tips from Vic Car Removal. The tips are meant to help first-time car sellers as well as those that have sold vehicles in the past, achieve a quick car sale.
How to Sell Your Car Fast?
Do Your Homework
Know your vehicle before you place it for sale. Car knowledge is key to getting the vehicle sold for top cash. Things you should know before you put the vehicle for sale include:
- Make, model, year, VIN, manufacture date and factory paint colour
- All work done on the car – including past services and maintenance
- All engine & body issues
- Fuel efficiency of the vehicle
- The vehicle’s condition and how it can be fixed
- The average market price for the vehicle
Know the Current Market
It is very important to know the market to know what price you can fetch for your car.
- What is the make & year of the vehicle you are selling? Is there high demand on the market for the vehicle? Will you be able to sell the vehicle for a reasonable price or will you need to drop the price to get it sold?
- Typically, family sedans have a high market demand as they are family transportation that is most often affordable.
- Sports vehicles and convertibles should be sold at peak season for the vehicle for the best price.
- Vans and trucks tend to have high demand as they can be used as work vehicles.
Fix A Reasonable Price
You must price your vehicle reasonably for a quick sale. There are many ways to determine a reasonable price for your car. Look at online websites where other sellers advertise their cars for sale, comparing vehicles that are the same make & year as well as condition that are for sale will give you a clearer picture of what you can ask for your car. Another easy option is to obtain free car valuations from Cash for Car companies to determine the value of your vehicle.
Increase Your Car’s Curb Appeal
One look at your vehicle and it could be sold. Curb appeal is essential to grab the attention of buyers. Ways to increase the appeal of your vehicle include:
- Having the vehicle serviced.
- Wash and detail the interior and exterior of your vehicle.
- Have the vehicle tested by a mechanic to ensure it is in its top performance shape.
- Have all repairs made.
- Keep the vehicle clean and free of clutter.
- Remove all personal belongings.
- Have maintenance and service records in place.
- Change the oil.
- Have a VIN check.
Car owners that would like to get their vehicles sold fast can get them sold at Vic Car Removal. We offer cash quotes at the number below or through our homepage.
Call us at 03 9792 4098 / 0420 767 076.